With the patronage of :
PALERMO- Sicily 30th July - 4th August 2018
The 7th OTIE Summer School “MARKETING PLAN FOR UNESCO SITES” is an initiative of Observatory on tourism in the European Islands (OTIE). One of the main goals of OTIE is to organize training seminars and courses giving the occasions to participants to know the tourism sector and to apply their knowledge in the development planning.
The main goals of the summer school are :
1. Educating and training future tourism professionals;
2. Encouraging the future creation of events as tourism products in worldwide islands;
3. Improve skills and attitude on marketing;
4. Creating new tourism products, especially events and festivals to shake off islands'associations with seaside tourism;
5. Provide knowledge of UNESCO managing plan.
This year, the OTIE Summer School aims to create a project to valorise and promote cultural heritage, material or immaterial, and particularly to define a real marketing plan for the UNESCO sites. During the course using the marketing mix method, the students will create real marketing plans for UNESCO sites which could concretely contribute to the development of cultural tourism and which will be potentially replicable in other sites in the world.
The Marketing Plan defined by the OTIE Summer School Students will be proposed to the UNESCO Foundation at the end of the course and will be avaluated by Dr. Aurelio Angelini president of UNESCO Siciliy Foundation.
Since the high value of the School, the 7th OTIE Summer School received the patronage of UNESCO ,Le vie dei Tesori, MANIFESTA 12 and Palermo Italian Capital of Culture 2018.
Working on Marketing fields student will also :
- Improve their skills and attitude on marketing
- Gain Knowledge of UNESCO managing plan and about Cultural tourism
- Improve their English
- Join an international group of like-minded people from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds
- Work as a team to develop and launch their ideas as potential concrete initiative
- Gain an OTIE Training certificate
The call is addressed to graduated and undergraduated students in Tourism Science, Archeology, Cultural Heritage , Art History , Linguistic mediation, Communication Science, Historical studies, Antichity science , Tourism system and hospitality management , Economy and related.
The Summer School is dedicated to OTIE first Director Dr. Mario Frontoni, died in April 2011.