With the patronage of :
PALERMO- Sicily 30th July - 4th August 2018
The 7TH OTIE Summer School “MARKETING PLAN FOR UNESCO SITES” is an initiative of Observatory on tourism in the European Islands (OTIE). One of the main goals of OTIE is to organize training seminars and courses giving the occasions to participants to know the tourism sector and to apply their knowledge in the development planning.
The main goals of the summer school are :
1. Educating and training future tourism professionals;
2. Encouraging the future creation of events as tourism products in worldwide islands;
3. Improve skills and attitude on marketing;
4. Creating new tourism products, especially events and festivals to shake off islands'associations with seaside tourism;
5. Provide knowledge of UNESCO managing plan.
The Summer School is dedicated to OTIE first Director Dr. Mario Frontoni, died in April 2011.